Friday, August 31, 2007

One Fast Day

Somewhere I think I am missing a couple of hours. Today went by so fast. Part of that is that our morning was taken up with spelling test, Spanish, and Type to Learn. We worked on a problem solving activity for math that is really challenging. The big hint is to start with yellow and work from there. It was really funny, Mr. Eltiste and I got into a big debate (we are always on different sides of everything) about whether or not another answer would work. We still don’t agree. I think that there is only one correct answer, he things there are two possible correct answers. I might post more of this discussion later, after the papers are turned in. We also spent the afternoon working on latitude and longitude. I think the kids are finally getting the hang of it. It would be nice if we had better desk maps because those really help when the kids can draw the lines and look for where they intersect.

I hope everyone has a great long weekend. I will be traveling to Iowa on Sunday to go to a Pig Roast. I have gone to it almost every year for the last 32 years. I am only 31. My mom actually went the year she was pregnant with me. I am there measuring stick to remember how many years they have had it because that was the first year. Enjoy the extra day off.

No comments: