Wednesday, September 26, 2007




What an amazingly beautiful day. I don’t think that we have had a more beautiful day for Radical Challenge in my 9 years. I was worried that mud would be a problem but it wasn’t. I think we had the most positive group of kids and parents that we have ever had. Last year was my least favorite year ever and this year was my favorite. One of the really great things about this trip is that all of the kids take turns being leaders and you get to see some leadership qualities in kids that you don’t always get to see. Not only is that good for us as teachers to see but also for the kids to realize that they have the ability within themselves. Sometimes I think kids just fall into the groove of being a follower and that is where things come easy. These kids don’t ever try to lead and to see them today thrust into the leadership role is always fun to see. I want to thank all of the parents that went along. I know how hard it is to get up and over there at 7:00 in the morning to go traipsing around the woods. I have literally seen groups of parents come slumping up the hill. This year there were smiles and enthusiastic thumbs ups! I’m ready to go back again.

No comments: