Thursday, September 27, 2007

Glow in the Dark


Room 42 has a student from William Jewell, Mr. Wolrond, that has been observing and teaching lessons each Thursday. Today he taught a very interesting lesson about fireflies and chemical reactions. I took a couple of pictures as he was teaching, I thought they turned out kind of cool with the glow sticks he was using. Today we had a big work time on the book blog. Tomorrow will be more of the same. It is really important for the kids to check their own work with the evaluation form. I have talked a lot about the different components of a good post and a good comment and still I have had many turned in that don’t have some of the very basic parts included. A student can do a great summary of their book but if they don’t talk about what they liked and didn’t like, they will lose half of their grade for that post. This first month, especially we are still working out some of the kinks. Also, you may have noticed that the due date is a Sunday. Basically what I told the kids was that they will have a large amount of time to work on it in class but if they don’t get it finished, they will need to finish it at home. We will go over in class tomorrow exactly what is due and who needs to turn what in. The main thing for me is that everything is in by the time I get to school on Monday. After that, I won’t accept it. The great thing about a blog is that everything that comes to me has an exact time on it so I know when it was submitted.

One other thing I wanted to mention before I forget, there is a full size replica of the Space Shuttle in town this weekend and on display at the Lenexa Fall Festival. I have put a link below that has some pictures on it. It should be something pretty cool to see. I plan on heading out there sometime on Saturday to look around and get a few pictures. I will post those next week.

http://www.makingspiritsbrightkc.org/

No comments: