Monday, July 16, 2007

Information Overload

Not a long post today but I wanted to put something up. Seldom am I overwhelmed in a class but today was one of those days. Today was my first day of an Earth Science class through the Space Foundation. We started the day by watching a video about Garden of the Gods, then went for about a 2 mile nature walk looking at different plants and a few animals. Probably the coolest thing was seeing a couple rock climbers. I will post pictures tomorrow. Tonight, I forgot the camera in the car.

After lunch we had a 3 hour lecture about geology and the basic principals that geologists used. We started out good with a review of the 3 types of rocks (sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic). Then the teacher, who is a professional geologist, went way in depth about things that I had never thought of before. Tomorrow should be really cool because we are taking all the stuff we learned yesterday and going to actually see examples of it. I will be sure to post a ton of pictures tomorrow.

No comments: