Monday, January 7, 2008

Zombies

I guess I should expect this a little bit but the kids were a little on the zombie side today. I’m always excited to start back and I had a work day on Friday of last week to get back into the swing of things, which helped. The biggest thing that we accomplished today was reviewing the expectations. I literally pulled out my list of procedures and expectations from the first day of school and went over them. I always like reviewing those when we start back. We also had a good discussion today about forces that effect movement, mainly gravity. We had a lot of fun figuring out how much we would weigh on different planets and the moon. Just think, Hope would only weigh a little over three pounds on Pluto (I know, not technically a planet but old habits die hard, and I have a letter from Jim Christy who discovered the moon of Pluto)

No comments: