Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

I hope that everyone had a great break, ate a lot of good food, got some rest and is ready for a great 2008. I had an awesome break myself. I got to spend a lot of time with family, got caught up on some sleep, and did a lot of stuff around the house. I am totally recharged and ready to get started next week. We will be finishing up a few units when we start back as well as starting a few projects. The biggest project will be the millionaire project. There will be lots more information about this later but basically each kid will need to spend a million dollars on one theme.

Already looking at my calendar for the next couple of months, it is going to be a busy 2008. January 15th is the first ever Manor Hill Internet Safety Night. I am busy working on a presentation for this evening. I applied and was accepted to present at a technology conference in Lee’s Summit in February and I will be doing the same presentation on February 15th at our district in-service, Empowering Excellence. And the most exciting news, that I just found out today, is that KMH: Patriot News has been accepted to travel to Jefferson City to present to the state legislators at the Show Me TechKnowledge Student Showcase. We have done this before and it is a really fun day for the kids. We will probably be leaving really early in the morning and coming back late that night. It is a really long day but a lot of fun. I will be putting more information up about that, and will likely blog while we are there.

No comments: