Monday, April 21, 2008

Where the Red Fern Grows

Today we started reading my favorite book of all time, Where the Red Fern Grows. For this in class project we will be reading the book both together and independently. Students will then respond to questions that are posted on the Red Fern Book Blog. For these questions, I really want the kids to bring in their own personal experience. Some of the answers I have seen on this project in the past have been touching, funny, and unbelievably thoughtful.

I would love for anyone interested to join us on our journey through the Red Fern. Don’t worry, I won’t grade anyone but the students. If you are in need of a copy of the book, let me know and I will be glad to loan you one. I have 5 copies left. First come first served. If you want to answer the questions with us, you can log in as anonymous and answer the questions. The only thing that I ask is that you put your name on the post so I know who it is coming from. If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Red Fern Book Blog Link:
http://redfernbookblog.blogspot.com/

No comments: